The Legend of Wooley Swamp

What ever happened to nuance? Jabberwocky is being spewed up by the left and right as they try to drag us into their Wonderlands. This blog charts a path out of this swamp of simple truths and false certainties. And from time to time, it'll be a place for more light-hearted musings.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Palms - L.A, California

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Iraqi Kings of the Jungle

On the day that the White Phosphorus debate was rekindled, I missed the birth of a more bizarre allegation. I just saw Rummy's reaction when asked about it during a Pentagon briefing, absolutely priceless. Lions? What in the wide, wide world of sports is going on around here?

Well, it seems that Saddam's late son Uday used to keep a mini-pride caged in one of his palaces. Sounds like Tony Montana (that's him in the hot tub) to me. Tony bought himself a tiger when he briefly got what "was coming to him," i.e. "the world, Chico, and everything in it." No doubt he served as a role model - their destinies were certainly eerily similar - for ol' Uday.

And so now the U.S. military must be using his ex-pets to coerce confessions. Dunno about that, last thing I heard the lions were purring away in the Baghdad Zoo, quite pleased to have been liberated from the clutches of the Hussein clan.

Last but not least, I just read a very sober piece (the comments are good too) on the whole WP situation. I rest my case. Really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati blog directory